Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am power of attorney for my father. My father owns three

Customer Question

I am power of attorney for my father. My father owns three properties that are both in his and my mom's name. My mother is deceased and I have only one brother and one sister and they are both deceased. I am the only child. What do I need to do to get this property and my dad's name only?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Can you tell me if the deeds to the properties say that parents are "joint tenants" or "tenants in common"?

.

And you want to get the property in father's name solely?

.

.

thanks