Marc
Marc, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Attorney
77496635

Just inquiring regarding the legalities surrounding the copy

Customer Question

hello. just inquiring regarding the legalities surrounding the copy writing of intellectual property in its proofing of individual ownership prior to publication? Zak Vivian
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: it is in my possession, although problems may exist due to illegal plagiarism as no approval has been allowed for it to be accesed
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not officially
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is possible to acknowledge proof of ownership of original documents through property law?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i was wanting to secure copy writing of my intellectual property prior to viewing, i live in Australia. What is the best avenue to follow regarding this as i believe the originality of my concepts in an intellectual realm would be valuable. Hence not wanting to have them copied and placing their ownership in my name. Would property lawyers be the best to contact or should i be seeing a copywriter?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i was wanting to have ownership approved in my name before consulting appropriate parties for their verification. Zakiri Lee Vivian
Expert:  Marc replied 1 month ago.

Hello Zak. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with this today. To answer one of your questions, you would want to contact an Intellectual Property lawyer. They are different from other property lawyers, such as real estate, because they specialize in securing and enforcing your rights to your work, whether its something you wrote, a photo, a song, a patent, etc. In your case, however, you may not need the services of a lawyer at this stage. The fact is that you can secure your copyright - that is, your exclusive right to copy - simply by including your copyright in/on your work. In other words, include the following, for example, somewhere in/on your work: "Copyright 2016 Zakiri Lee Vivian" This puts the world on notice that this is your work and that no one else has the right to copy, sell, distribute it without your authorization.

Now, should you at some point learn that someone has, in fact, infringed your copyright, then you would need an Intellectual Property lawyer to help you enforce your rights. The lawyer would probably start by sending a "cease and desist" letter, followed, perhaps, by a demand for damages (based upon the degree of infringement).

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you, ***** ***** luck with your creative work.