RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

I have a question about getting out of a sign agreement on

Customer Question

I have a question about getting out of a sign agreement on the house.I sign a contact under the strees of medication after a complete knee replacement. The is on 3 lots which in reverse mortage, the gaarge is on 3 lots
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Kagel cyn Sylmar ca 91342
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I don,t know it is in escrow
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the garage is not in the reverse morteage package it is in my name
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 12 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

How long ago was the agreement signed? Have you spoken with the other party about breaking the contract?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I sign the realtor agreement the first of june the house went in to the escrow .8/24/16. no the realtor will not talk to the other party at all.
you can try and get out of the contract but the burden would be on you, to show and support that as a result of the medication you did not know what you were doing at the time and were under the influence of it. If you can show this and that there was never a meeting of the minds and terms and conditions then a judge could void the contract. Of course, you also need to be able to explain the time lapse and once the medication wore off and you were aware of what you did why you did not act.