Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My wheels was stolen off my car in a gated community what

Customer Question

My wheels was stolen off my car in a gated community what can I do
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 17 days ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can do a few different things. First, you can file a police report and have the matter investigated by local law enforcement. Secondly, you could possibly sue the association for negligent or insufficient security or surveillance. This could be a viable claim if the community provides security guards, surveillance cameras, etc. If so, you should have the basis to file suit for negligent security.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The gate was broken for a month
Already filed a police report
Expert:  Roger replied 16 days ago.

In that case, you could file a civil claim against the association for negligence in failing to provide adequate security and neglecting to repair the gate.

Expert:  Roger replied 14 days ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!