How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

NO I have an HOA issue wishi to petition the Court to reduce

Customer Question

NO I have an HOA issue wishi to petition the Court to reduce Quroum but thank you
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: CA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Sorry but this is not employment related it is HOA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We wish to inquire about doing a Petition to the Court to Reduce our Quorum to Elect Board of Directors
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 months ago.


Is there a particular reason why you cannot amend the bylaws by director or shareholder vote?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We can not get a quorum have not had one for 4 years and we need an elected board no more appointed select group
We need right at 118 for 51% last year we received only 62 we need it reduced for this years electionby a Judge dose can take care of many issues
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 months ago.

Good morning.

What you are requesting is a bona fide legal service. I cannot provide you with a simple "form" by which you can petition the Superior Court, because: (1) I haven't reviewed the current CC&Rs and bylaws to determine the requirements of the petition; and (2) I am not at all certain that a petition is legally necessary -- in other words, it may be a waste of time and money, if I can find a "loophole" in the CC&Rs or bylaws that would permit amendment by vote of the board.

If you are interested in having this matter reviewed, to determine what may be possible to reduce the cost of litigation, or if you simply want to proceed with a petition to the court, then I will send you a premium services offer, and we can take this discussion offline into an attorney-client relationship.

I will send the offer -- and you may accept, reject or ignore at your discretion. Note: I cannot negotiate price or terms of legal services in this forum. However, for your information, I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), and the California and National Associations of Realtors -- and I see no particular difficulties in meeting your apparent needs.

Thanks in advance for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not happy at all with your response It made no sense I am asking for a refund and will go in person for council