Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

I own real estate property ( log home) in the state of

Customer Question

I own real estate property ( log home) in the state of Tennessee. I would like to claim rental income through the LLC since I reside in New Jersey, I wanted to open a LLC in New Jersey but because the business is done in Tennessee, does it matter where the LLC will be opened?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

It could matter because if you open the LLC in New Jersey and the property is in Tennessee, you may have to register the NJ corporation in Tennessee because you are doing business in Tennessee. Foreign corporations (meaning out of state ) must appoint a registered agent for service of process physically located in Tennessee. To register, file an Application for Certificate of Authority. The application must be filed by postal mail. The filing fee is $600. Otherwise, you would open a corporation in Tennessee although you would need an address there or a registered agent. However, it could be cheaper and less paperwork. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Damien,
I am ready to provide you with any clarification you may need

See above please :)

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 7 days ago.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars. Best regards.