Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I was on section 8 sense the the 80's and last year I was

Customer Question

I was on section 8 sense the the 80's and last year I was terminated they said I took to long having a place, I became sick after waiting months for an inspection. I was hospitalized and couldn't get around as good. I pushed my self as hard has I could to find a place, I know there not suppose to care, But at lease be fair, I was given two weeks. I would like to know are they wrong? Should they have given me more time. I had an heart attack, my kidneys failed it was put on dialysis immediately this was all new it felt like I was going crazy, and I just needed more time. I was hospitalized twice more because I was trying to find a place.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Are you saying that you are being evicted? Was there a court proceeding?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My lease was up and yes I had to move. I found a couple of places and section 8 took a very long time to inspect the property. When they did there was problems with the paper work.

So, what is happening at the moment? Where are you living?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here and there. Can't afford much am on SSI

Thank you for the additional information. I believe you asked whether two weeks notice was proper to have you vacate the apartment. Two weeks notice to be out of an unit is insufficient time. It would 30 days. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Know I move out on time, section 8 gave me 2 weeks to find another place. Do to my illness I need more time. This was very unfair to me. What do you think I should have done? Or do now?? Am trying to get back on section 8 need some help.
What do you mean you need more time? To do what?