Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

What to do When faceing eviction and lanlord the now triad

Customer Question

What to do When faceing eviction and lanlord the now triad rental properties have ignored all maintnence requests so outlets and overhead lights dont work cockroach infestation so bad my wife has painfull bites all over her arms and legs ? There are two disabled people living in this house That is a rental property i have been renting for 3 to 4 years , lanlord ignored toilet issue so my water bills have been 150 dollars a mo or more costing me 30 dollars amo in late fees ,? Leaks in roof so bad all archways leak and bathroom kike taking shower when sit on toilet? They threatened eviction when had unathorized person living in house unless i paid 100 more in rent and When person moved out they refused to drop rent back down.!? Now they rasing rent 25 .00 starting this mo? 100 extra was verbal contract only i onley sighned original mo to mo lease for 450 a month. I need legal representative to go eviction court i have sighned paper by my marriage councellor we see 1 time a week that he was in room and overheard my request begging for maintnence help . He happens to be an md himself and i have other witnesses ? They also have been charging me 40 dollars a mo in late fees i should not owe ? Can you reccomend attorney from American with disabilitys association? Help us?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what the reason is that the landlord is trying to evict you?

.

Are you late on the rent?

.

Have you ever called the local Code Enforcement or Housing Inspection to come out and inspect the house?

.

Do you have proof of the requests for repairs? (texts, emails, letters, witnesses, etc.)

.

.

thanks