Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

10 years ago our credit was not good to purchase a home, so

Customer Question

10 years ago our credit was not good to purchase a home, so my mother inlaw offered to help, it was our money for the down payment and 10 years or mortgage payments and it is up for sheiff sale and I need help stopping it for good. I was able to stop it for 2 weeks but the sale is set for 10/12/16. I need to Appeal the judges decision and can not afford an attorney to help us
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nj
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I filed a RELIEF OF STAY with the Bankruptcy court which I was granted only to file a Relief with the State but only 2 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There has been fraud in the mortgage itself and paperwork forge, that we did not know until recently. But everyone I talk to says I'm a TENANT and have no rights because my mother inlaws name is ***** ***** DEED as well as my forged father inlaws name
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I have a few questions for you first, however:

• Considering that your mother in law owns the house and is on the mortgage, is she interested in saving the house?

• Who filed for bankruptcy, and why did you file a motion for relief of stay? I don't understand that. Can you explain?

• Has your credit improved from 10 years ago, and can you qualify for a mortgage now?