Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Can an HOA board member vote in a board meeting that is

Customer Question

can an HOA board member vote in a board meeting that is voting to have him vacate his seat?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no. A closed meeting took place with the Association lawyer present to vote if this member should vacate his seat due to several lawsuits filed and his vote was also counted. Is that legal or should he be barred from this vote?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Usually a board member would not have a vote if their is self interest or a conflict of interest. Did the attorney give a reason why the board member was allowed to vote?

Hello again! Checking in to see if you further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to do so.