Glad to hear the storm missed you and you are ready to cut the grass.
Here is the instruction to lower the deck on your machine:
Set the mowing deck appropriately to achieve the
desired height of your cut. The recommended
cutting height is 2-3 inches (5-7 cm), though your
preference may be a higher or lower cut.
Tall grass or weeds should be cut with the mower
deck set to its highest position.
The first time you mow, set the cut height slightly
higher than normal, then adjust accordingly.
1. Refer to the deck height indicator decal
adjacent to the deck height pedal.
2. Determine the appropriate setting for your
desired cut height, starting with the
3. Adjust the deck height setting by applying
pressure to the deck height adjustment pedal
and allow deck lift locking mechanism to fall
into the locking slot.
4. Once deck is securely locked in the highest
position, move the deck height pin into the
desired cutting height setting.
5. Apply pressure to the deck height adjustment
pedal and ease the deck lift lever backwards
to release the deck lift lock.
6. Release pressure from pedal slowly to rest
the deck lift in the desired cutting height.
If you want to see the whole manual, look at page 14 that will explain it all. Good luck to you.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.