Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I need to know if a verbal agreement to give away my home is

Customer Question

I need to know if a verbal agreement to give away my home is legal or does there have to be a hand written contract done in the state of LA
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

A contract or agreement for real estate must be in writing to be enforced. An oral agreement cannot be enforced.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is for the state of Louisiana?

Yes, that is a law that applies across the US. It is known as the "statute of frauds".

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanp

You're welcome.