Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I bought a doublewide mobile home set on a lot three years

Customer Question

I bought a doublewide mobile home set on a lot three years ago. I had a realtor and went through a title company. Three years later I find out the lot was put in my name but the mobile home wasn't. I have been paying taxes on only the land, and I thought I was paying taxes on both. I can't find out what was suppose to be done at closing at the title company. I have talked to them and all they can say is the mobile home won't be put in my name until the taxes are paid. I am now paying all the back taxes on monthly payments and I have to keep curent on 2016 taxes. I don't know what to do. I can't afford all of this all of a sudden. I don't know why the taxes for the house weren't paid at closing and the house put on my name. Should I have been told? Is this my fault or the tiltle company's fault? Should they have to pay all the interest and legal fees? What do I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is the mobile home permanently attached to the land by a permanent foundation?

.

Do you know if the title to it was ever turned in and it declared to be a permanent structure on the land?

.

Whose name is ***** ***** the mobile home in right now? the seller's?

.

.

thanks