Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I live in charlotte county florida and I have a single

Customer Question

I live in charlotte county florida and I have a single family home that is next to an empty lot and as a home owner we are supoosed to maintain our property with in 3 feet of property line of yard debris leaves branches and such BUT as a vacant land owner I was told by the county that they are exempt..I feel extremely overwhelmed by this and I am anxious of this situation, I have contacted the land owner 2 times who also is a realtor.. I can imagin that I have no recourse against this I have maintained this for several years on my own or by hiring people but that gets costly as well I was also told that I cant chop their trees down because I would be trespassing. Is there any thing I can do civily since the county said it not their propblem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such problems with the neighbor. In every city that I am aware of, vacant lots are not permitted to be used as dumping grounds. Charlotte County, Florida is no different. What you have next-door might constitute a code violation, and you are entitled to file a formal complaint about it. I suspect that you spoke with a low-level employee Here is the website that tells you what you need to know regarding code violations. https://www.charlottecountyfl.gov/services/buildingconstruction/Pages/code-compliance.aspx.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.