Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I am a mentally disabled woman,who takes care of my disabled

Customer Question

My name is***** and I am a mentally disabled woman,who takes care of my disabled brothrer I am currently seeking legal help against my landlord whom is harrassing me since about June of this yr at first it was notices about raising the rent, then signing new leases, then a 3dy notice which was bogus lie's when I called the owner he told me not to go to çourt?? I asked him so I 'm ok I'll be able to stay with no problems?? He said yes for many long week 's then I get a 7dy notice I yet again the owner and told him why there was so much traffic coming to the apt, we have 3 caregivers 2 coordinator's from our health insurance home visits from the provider that hire our caregivers and the rest of the people who come over are my friends and my only supporters in my life. He would 'nt hear anything I was saying !!! Then he told me the police were watching me and my mental illness went into over drive I knew hadn't done anything wrong then I heard that the owner had been standing in the bush watching my apt. And I didn't know what he wants from me but he had me so upset with all wondering what I had done to him after almost 7yrs then I stressed myself out I thought I was having another heart attack and ended up in the hospital that night my heart doctor said severe anxiety attack stop stressing so much I told him it was kinda hard when harassing me as much as this landlord was me slandering my good name then I ended up September 27th I received a 30dy notice giving me until November 1st to be out I was told cause it is a month to month agreement he could through me just because he wanted to. My family and I didn't matter he even went as far as telling me if we were out by the end of this month (September ) he'd give me my deposit and we wouldn't have to clean it.I aid it will be cleaned but I would see him in court for wrongful eviction, no smoke alarms no fire ignition, toilet always over flowing, 2 cabinet doors fell on to my head at the same time, window in my room busted by an outsider it's been broken for a month and he won't fix it until we leave, lt is not handicap ready my mom fell and broke her arm and ankle on the uneven ceramic tile which uneven through the whole apt. She is 7yrs there are no railings for her or my brother who has TBI and is prone to have seizures are there railings anywhere to help him brake his fall or so he brace his self before he crack his head there were some lucky times I happened to be there for me to brake falls but I can't be there always. I don't want to be living where we're not capable to feel safe and happy as we once did it's very uncomfortable scary when you have your owner & landlord same in one is or has been stalking me since God knows when and your neighbors are telling you they have witness this first hand my disability 's 3rd stage kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, arthritis through out my whole body, diabetes 2 w/norrapipithy restless leg symdrom
HBP VIRTIGO , BIPOLAR, PTSD, CHRONIC DEPRESSION PANIC ATTACKS, ANXIETY, I MAY BE CRAZY BUT NOT STUPID!!!! I need to know what what I can do to get this owner pay for the grief and fear that has hospitalized me and has caused me unrest trying to find a place is very draining and unsettling, I need your help please and thank you .
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hi Lori,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble finding a new place.

Landlord/tenant law varies from state to state. Where do you live? You said that your landlord has been asking you to sign new leases - do you have a lease for a set term? If not, how long have you lived there?

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 12 days ago.

Did you still need help with this?