Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

3 years ago we moved into this apartment it was filthy dirty

Customer Question

3 years ago we moved into this apartment it was filthy dirty and a mess me and my girlfriend renovated it to make it livable once my landlord seeing what we have done he has tried to get us moved out so he could sell the building our apartment would be the centerpiece for his sale. Although we made it livable there was some items that were not our problem for instance the electric box circuit box was in the garage which we have no access to three different times we lost our food order which consisted of $300 each time because of a blown fuse we had no access to the garage where we could switch the breaker back on sometimes we have to wait 3 days for the landlord to unlock the garage and put the breakers on also the landlord had a locksmith trying to change your locks why we weren't home he also had the electric and the water turned off we replaced our toilet because after 2 years the landlord refuse to replace it it took 5 flashes and it leaked all over the place we also insulated and replaced the front screen door which he refused to do it was letting in the cold air in the winter and driving our fuel cost High this landlord is taking us to court October 13th for non-payment rent for the past 3 months we do have the money to pay the rent but we wanted him to reimburse us for the work we done and for the harassment he given us what can we do to ensure our stay here
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has also made inappropriate advances at my girlfriend saying that he wanted to move in with her and he wanted her son to Rob one of his tenants to frighten her out
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did the landlord agree to reimburse you for any improvements you made?

.

Did the landlord give you a 10 day written notice to pay or vacate?

.

If so, you didn't pay the rent within that time period, correct?

.

.

thanks