Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

We purchase a home over a year and they were supposed to

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: We purchase a home over a year and they were supposed to finish some work that was not completed i.e siding outside Above the window, ceiling not even, and some more stuff, we were told they will fix it in the yearly inspection, they came after a year too inspoect and they send some one to fix some of the stuff but never finish, we have called, send emails, text and no response. we pay 502,000 for the house and is full of mistakes. what ca we do? I was emailing the CEO.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: what kind of papers
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: all we have done is send the emails
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question and develop a response. We may discuss it too. Does that sound good to you?

Was there a written contract for the work to be done?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They gave us a ticket. They also said they will do a yearly inspection and fix any issues after the house was settle since it was a new home

Are you saying that you purchased a home from a seller who then was sending out inspectors and a contractor never came to do the work. It is a bit unclear. If you can clarify, that would be great.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We purchase a new home, the house had issue that needed to be fix the day of the closing they gave us a ticket that they will repair the issues but after we closed they fix a few and said they will fix the rest during the yearly inspection when the house is settle. They came by inspected the house and fix a few issues but stop fixing the rest of the issues, they have not answer our calls, emails and text.

So the claims would be for breach of contract in law and promissory estoppel in equity (meaning they promised and failed to fulfill it). This would first entail having an attorney writing a demand letter, certified return receipt requested demanding they do the work. Then if they failed to do so, you would bring an action in court. We can discuss more if you want to do so.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 15 days ago.

Hello: I have not heard back from you. If you need additional assistance, please let me know. Otherwise, I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love you to give me a 5 star rating. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. Best regards.