Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

My condo association has sent me a bill for $17,000 on past

Customer Question

My condo association has sent me a bill for $17,000 on past dues. They can't tell me anything before 2010 as I moved in 2007. I received a no contact order from their attorney. They will not give me an updated invoice as to the total past due. We have paid the monthly dues along with another same payment.What should I do as the treasurer was sending me harrasing emails for months even though payments were being made.
It has been so harrowing on me as I'm on soc sec and her harassment sent me to the hospital 3 weeks ago . I now have heart issue from this at age of 65. Why didn't they come to me sooner instead of 6 yrs. Later?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question and develop a response. We may discuss it too. Does that sound good to you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Are you paying the back payments and the current dues now? And up to date on them?

The payments over three years old probably are past the statute of limitations, meaning a lien for those payments may not be valid. So payment of them may possibly be avoided. In order for the lien to remain valid, the HOA must initiate an action to enforce the lien within three years from the date that the full amount of the assessments became due (Del. Code Ann. tit. 25 § 81-316(e)). This is called the statute of limitations. Also, no one should be harassing you. We can discuss more if you want to do.

Hello: I have not heard back from you. If you need additional assistance, please let me know. Otherwise, I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love you to give me a 5 star rating. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. Feel free thought to ask any follow up questions. Best regards.