RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

Are you live? ok I wanted to ask fir there was a period in

Customer Question

are you live?
JA: No. I'm the Real Estate Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: ok I wanted to ask fir there was a period in WA to cancel a contract for sale of real estate
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a clause that I can cancel the contract within 30 days
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 22 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

While parties can agree to different terms by the contract they enter into it, Washington State law (I linked you to the statute below) says that within 3 business days of receiving the property transfer disclosure statement from the seller, the buyer will either accept it, or has the right to cancel the contract.

RCW 64.06.030

Delivery of disclosure statement—Buyer's options—Time frame.

Unless the buyer has expressly waived the right to receive the disclosure statement, not later than five business days or as otherwise agreed to, after mutual acceptance of a written agreement between a buyer and a seller for the purchase and sale of residential real property, the seller shall deliver to the buyer a completed, signed, and dated real property transfer disclosure statement. Within three business days, or as otherwise agreed to, of receipt of the real property transfer disclosure statement, the buyer shall have the right to exercise one of the following two options: (1) Approving and accepting the real property transfer disclosure statement; or (2) rescinding the agreement for the purchase and sale of the property, which decision may be made by the buyer in the buyer's sole discretion. If the buyer elects to rescind the agreement, the buyer must deliver written notice of rescission to the seller within the three-business-day period, or as otherwise agreed to, and upon delivery of the written rescission notice the buyer shall be entitled to immediate return of all deposits and other considerations less any agreed disbursements paid to the seller, or to the seller's agent or an escrow agent for the seller's account, and the agreement for purchase and sale shall be void. If the buyer does not deliver a written recision notice to [the] seller within the three-business-day period, or as otherwise agreed to, the real property transfer disclosure statement will be deemed approved and accepted by the buyer.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!