Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I would like to withhold rent until I have written

Customer Question

I would like to withhold rent until I have written confirmation from my landlord that, having received a detailed letter from my Dr., she will be providing written notice to my neighbor informing them that they must immediately stop burning incense, sage, etc. Is this legal? Rent is due today.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 16 days ago.

No, there's nothing in the law that allows you to withhold rent based on those facts. If you withhold rent then it makes you subject to eviction and this reasoning will not be a defense in court.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.