Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

50 private homes in subdivision. No pool no clubhouse no

Customer Question

50 private homes in subdivision. No pool no clubhouse no security expenses. Some common land mostly woods and grass. Hoa fee $175 annual. Covers snow removal lawn maintenance of common areas and some banking expenses-- about $4000 per year. President has been only president in 12 years. Meetings with board members no minutes kept. Board members quit and are replaced without elections. President wants to levy a special assessment 0f $150-200 per home "just because". Residents are not allowed to vote according to him. He doesn't want to tell Residents about his plan until after the annual meeting in Nov. He has the power to put leins on properties. What can I do to stop him? I think he is abusing his authority.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.