Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I live in an apartment complex that holds monthly activities

Customer Question

I live in an apartment complex that holds monthly activities for residents. This month they are doing a movie. Normally movies are done inside the main building but this time they want it outside. the only place outside to do the movie is right next to my apartment. the movie is to be done at night and its also a scary halloween one. i have a child who is autistic with severe audio sensory issues. they even wear headsets during the day to help eliminate noise. i tried talking to the landlord but was told it doesn't matter what my child deals with, they have a right to do whatever they want on their property. do I as tenant have any rights, or my child with disabilities have any rights? Or am I stuck all night with a child freakin out because my landlord cant respect their tenants special needs residents.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 23 days ago.

You have a right to quiet enjoyment of your premises. This appears to violate that. You could certainly consider filing an injunction to stop the movie and I think a judge would likely agree that they can make alternate arrangements.