Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.

When a trustee such as Aztec Foreclosure conducts a

Customer Question

When a trustee such as Aztec Foreclosure conducts a foreclosure auction, are there specific requirements or are foreclosure auctions quite informal and appear to be held secretively? The sale of my dead parents home had the appearance of a scam. It did not look like a actual auction and the auctioneer did not know who Aztec was.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Was this a foreclosure auction? Because if so, notice of it has to be sent by the lender, and also must be made public. See HERE, second page, under "Notice Of Sale / Auction."

So if they did not do this, then they did not follow the statutory requirement for a proper foreclosure auction.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.