How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got behind on my rent last month and had to sign a

Customer Question

I got behind on my rent last month and had to sign a stipulation to all rent and fees on time . I was unable to meet the stipulation and was told pay for aug and oct plus fees now total of 3575.00 roughly. I advised the rental company I had approx. 2100.00 right now and need possibly 3 weeks or less to come up with the restright now that their Lawyer sent the paperwork to the Judge on 8/27. is there anything I can do or an attorney can do to stop this and give some time to receive the additional funds
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

I certainly understand the situation. If the rent is not paid as agreed, then the landlord does not have to continue to wait or even work with you, for the balance to be paid. They do have a legal right to proceed with the eviction ,if you fail to vacate. Now, you can try and appeal with the landlord and pay them the balance on X day and see if they respond and will accept it and dismiss the eviction but the truth of the matter, is that even with an attorney, unless there is something illegal being done, the attorney will have a hard time defending you, if this is a straight forward issue with unpaid rent.

Related Real Estate Law Questions