Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I own a Mobilehome in Massachusetts and I must move in with

Customer Question

I own a Mobilehome in Massachusetts and I must move in with my daughter for medical and advanced age reason's. Park office must approve all sales. My son-in-law wants to buy the home from me,do some renovations,and flip it. I'm not sure if the park will approve of that. If not, he plans to buy it and renovate it but leave everything in my name until it is sold and he will get the money. Can I do that or can I say I am giving it to him or just put it in his name. Would she still have to approve him
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

It would probably be best to not mention that he is going to flip the property and just say he is buying it from you. If he later decides to sell it to someone else after remodeling it, then that is up to him.. But the park manager may get a little nervous if they think he is just going to fly in there and tear it all up and then try to sell it to anyone with money..

.

So your best bet would be to tell the park manager that you are selling it to son and then have son go through the process of applying and being approved for residency.

.

If he can't get approved, then you could work out a deal with son where he goes in and renovates it for you, and then you sell it to someone else and pay him anything over your agreed on price..

.

.

thanks