AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

In 2009 during the mortgage crisis, we lost our home. We had

Customer Question

In 2009 during the mortgage crisis, we lost our home. We had arranged a moratorium with the mortgage company and the did not honor it. Our mortgage was for 139,000.00 and was eventually sold for 258,000.00 and there was no second mortgage on property. Where does the equity go to?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Unless your contract stated otherwise, the excess should have been paid to you. Keep in mind, this is after interest, expenses, attorney fees, etc, which usually add up to much more than you would expect.

Does that make sense?

Hi, I see you were able to check in and review the answer. Can you please let me know if I answered your question and if so provide a positive rating so that I am given credit for helping you?