Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My boyfriend and I bought a house together a year ago. He

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I bought a house together a year ago. He moved out in July, but we're still splitting mortgage. I want him to quick deed it over. He want's 30k. Half of equity. His buddy appraised it at 2x our loan amt. at time of purchase. My son and I are living in the house. He is also requesting I pay all fees and cost related to selling (if court makes me) and his legal fees. What should I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes. I received his certified mail w/in the last week. It's a complaint filed in Franklin County to partition or sale.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I delay this until my son graduates, at least? He's a sophomore in high school.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

What grounds is he asking the Judge to force a sale? Also, has it been appraised recently?