Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Moved out of last apt. Land lord too my dawghter to court

Customer Question

Moved out of last apt. Land lord too my dawghter to court stating she didnt pay her rent for 3 months. She has receipts. She showed them to me.she was on her way to the court hearing an her car broke down it was8am she tried to call the court an was unsuccesful when she did get thru. It was9..30 an her hearig was8..45. They told her she was a no show an. She would now owe 3,648$ no exceptions is this true or does she have a recourse?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 28 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) what state is this in?

2) has he filed SUIT, or at this point, is this simply a letter of demand?