Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

Can the HOA require me to meet them in person before they

Customer Question

Can the HOA require me to meet them in person before they approve me, even after I have passed the crimal background and credit check , and signed all the documents?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 29 days ago.

They can request it but there is no legal basis that I am aware of that compels an in person meeting.

You have all the signed documents so there is no real basis for them to back out.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 29 days ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 29 days ago.

Hello, another expert here and I will assist with your question. Are you buying this property from a bank that took it back in a foreclosure? If so, have you question the realtor handling the sale about obtaining approval from the HOA, as a condition of buying the property from the bank? The Association may have the power to prohibit the sale to individuals who they do not approve. This must be cleared up, by obtaining a waiver of that provision of signed by an authorized representative of the Association. That must be done before you close on the purchase with the bank

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.