AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

I am working on a provision to a purchasing contact and I

Customer Question

I am working on a provision to a purchasing contact and I need some help with verbiage. The seller agreed to have the wood burning stove repaired. The wood burning stove was listed "as is" and "not safe". Now that they have agreed to repair it I would like more iron clad verbiage to ensure that the chimney is inspected and certified by a certified chimney sweep. Another area that needs to be reworded is, the house was being sold with the furniture however for mortgage purposes the furniture shouldn't be in the purchasing contract to avoid a conflict with the appraisal of the house, it has been decided to handle this in a side contract however I need help with that too.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 23 days ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

It will take me a bit of time to type this up for you. Are you okay waiting a bit while I prepare something for you?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
take your time
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I can't call you.

Seller agrees that on or before ___ (date), Seller agrees, at Seller's expense, to have the wood burning stove, chimney, and all related components, professionally cleaned, maintained, repaired, and have all faulty mechanical parts replaced, by a licensed or certified chimney sweep, so that the wood stove is safe and in proper working order, in accordance with industry standards, including but not limited to the National Fire Protection Association Codes and Standards, which includes, but is not limited to: ***** ***** removing all debris and creosote, and ensuring proper drafting. After this is completed, Buyer has ___ days to inspect the wood stove. Buyer will bear costs of inspection, if any are applicable. If the work does not meet to Buyer's satisfaction, Buyer may (1) offer to give Seller an opportunity to cure the defect, (2) cancel the contract, or (3) reduce the purchase price by $____.

Let me know if that works for the wood stove.

Let me see what I can work up for the furniture. . .

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 20 days ago.

Could you please provide a positive rating for this question?