Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I went to court to dispute a eviction notice due to a friend

Customer Question

I went to court to dispute a eviction notice due to a friend staying over at times till they started on their job and received paycheck. I was not behind on rent. When I got to court, their lawyer asked if or when I can be out and I wanted to the end of my lease which was February 1st but they said no so I said December 31st and they said ok. That was July 17th. Today I get a rent bill plus a $944.74 bill Miscellaneous charge. I called and they said it was for legal fees which never was mentioned in court agreement. Just that I agree to move out on December 31st. The only reason the want my apartment is because I am the last to get remodeled and I pay senior citizen rate. The company is Peak Management, Hamilton Springs Apartment. My name is*****
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

was a judgment ever entered, or was this a written agreement? If it was a written agreement, was it incorporated into a court judgment (did the judge sign off on it)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please contact me at home. I am leaving work and will go home to find papers. My number is(###) ###-####and***@******.***. I will be home at 6:00pm est

I'm sorry; I am not set up right now to handle phone calls. If you would like to continue on this page, I will definitely do my best to get you the needed information. Please let me know if you would like to continue. If so if you could please provide the informatin requested above so I can best assist. Thank you.