Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

I live in the Country in a secluded area 15 minutes to the

Customer Question

I live in the Country in a secluded area 15 minutes to the closest gas station. My fiancé and I moved here about 4 years ago. There are 25 residents some just come to fish for the weekend and some live here full time. There has been a history of drama long before we moved her but the other night I was talking with a neighbor on the other side of the lake and it was a very pleasant conversation up until the topic of swimming came up. I made the comment that someone could fall off a boat and drown just as they could someone swimming and he went crazy. He started yelling and told me to leave so I put my hand up and said okay. I drove home and got out of my car and he followed me. I told him I did not want him there as I was home by myself that he needed to leave. He told me that he did not have to leave that this was not my house that this was Jims house. Jim is my fiance. He did eventually leave but then returned when he saw Jims truck come home. It takes a lot to shake me but I am on the verge of tears every day. I called the President of the HOA but he was only concerned about what was said about him and hung up on me. This HOA is only in place because of the lake and we live in what you would call a redneck area and we have a HOA and a President who has no idea what he is doing. They are using this to control everyone to the point that they think they have more right to be on my property than I do. To give you insight to just how clueless they are the President just said to me the day before that the new secretary didn't like the prior secretaries records so he advised him to throw them away and start over. After this happened I just wonder if it contains information about him he does not like?? I have the right to feel safe in my own home and now I don't. Please advise me
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I called the President of our HOA yesterday. I have not filed any paperwork
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 29 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question and develop a response. We may discuss it too. Does that sound good to you?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

First and foremost, what is important is someone's safety. If a neighbor or anyone else is threatening or harassing someone, that someone could notify the Police to file a report. Additionally, a court could issue a restraining order. With regard to the HOA, there are rules and regulations that each have to follow, and so does the board have to follow rules and regulations. Additionally, the board (including the chairman or other members) has a fiduciary duty to each of the homeowners. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 28 days ago.

Hello: I have not heard back from you. If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love you to give me a 5 star rating. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.