Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I put up a security door on the front outside door and my

Customer Question

I put up a security door on the front outside door and my HOA is requiring that I take it
down. This doesn't surprise me but I was hoping to push them to accept SOME sort of
security door, for example an all glass door that would not hide any visual access to our
common front door. I am a single, 66 year old woman and I absolutely HATE having to open
my door to someone and have them already standing half way in my Living Room. It gives
me the creeps.
Can they really prevent me from having a second door on the front even if I allow them
censure as to the "architectural integrity" of said door ? It seems to me that this prohibits
me from being as secure as I would like in my own home.
Thank you.
Mary Jane Guzauskas ***@******.***(###) ###-####
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What state is this in regards ***** *****? Is this addressed in the governing documents?