Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am in the process of getting a divorce and my husband and

Customer Question

I am in the process of getting a divorce and my husband and I are trying to figure out how to hammer out a deal on the house. I left but he wants to stay. He can not get financing to but me out, so the deal I want to make is that I will take an amount of money- sort of a down payment- as part of the divorce settlement, and agree to allow him to stay in the house for 4 years, barring a disaster on my end. We will agree at that time how much he will owe me for the house, and pay interest on that amount until he pays me. I will probably need some sort of lean on the house to protect me in case something happens. Do you know how I can do this, and is a real estate lawyer what I need?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no- the divorce is amiable, and we agree on everything els. Im not expecting a fight- just don't know how to do this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No-I can't think of anything.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. I'm Stacy. Give me a few minutes to research your issue and I'll be back shortly.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I see that your prior expert has opted out. I'll be happy to help if that's acceptable to you. My name is Richard

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next couple of hours. Should you follow up while I’m away to let me know you would like for me to assist, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.