Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

We are beginning a purchase of a mobile home situated in a

Customer Question

we are beginning a purchase of a mobile home situated in a mobile home park.the park owner receives a fee for lot rent due monthly from each home owner. these residences are considered as vehicles in pennsylvania,.
the property owner claims a right to enter any residence there for a search
to determine rules infractions put forth in a comprehensive list.
his reasoning to claim this right is saying the home is attached to his property via water and sewer plumbing lines. we are somewhat certain
his entering our home would violate any privacy concerns we have as well
as going what laws apply here. are we able to refuse his action without
a retaliation
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The Mobile Home Park Rights Act does not give the owner of a mobile home park the right to enter a mobile home on the premises for any reason. If the owner is claiming a right to enter mobile homes at will, report him to the Attorney General's Office. He's trespassing any time he enters home your without your consent. The park owner isn't a landlord, so he doesn't have any need to go in and do repairs or maintenance on the mobile home. There's no other reason for him to be in there other than an actual emergency. Your right to privacy trumps his right to enforce park rules. You also have a right to quiet enjoyment of your home, and you can't have that if the owner might wander in at any time, whether you're home or not.

Whether you choose to move into this property or not, report him. He's violating the rights of everyone living there.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?