Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor

I if my mom and I are in magistrate court because my aunt

Customer Question

i if my mom and I are in magistrate court because my aunt has power of attorney over my grandma and decided to evict us, but my grandma doesn't want us evicted and is going to file for a revocation this morning. what happens to the eviction
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 30 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Your grandmother can go to the eviction hearing, and show the judge that she revoked the POA. She can also testify that she does not wish to see you evicted, and then you can ask the judge to dismiss the case. Your aunt has no authority to proceed with an eviction after her POA has been revoked. And even if she wants to object to the revocation, the judge should dismiss or stay your case until things get figured out. You should be allowed to stay.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 29 days ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?