TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I OWE HOA FEES $875.00 AND HOA ATTORNEY SEND ME LETTER THEY

Customer Question

HI.I OWE HOA FEES $875.00 AND HOA ATTORNEY SEND ME LETTER THEY ARE FORECLOSING MY HOUSE.I TRIED EVERY THING TO MAKE PAYMENT PLAN BUT THEY REFUSE THAT.I WAS OUT OF JOB FOR ONE AND HALF YEAR.THEY PUT LIEN ON MY HOUSE NOW THEY ASKING ALMOST $7000.00 HOW TO AVOID THIS SITUATION.I DON'T HAVE ANY SOURCE TO PAY THEM THIS MUCH MONEY.I AM IN GEORGIA.PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO AVOID THIS.THANKA,JEFF e mail***@******.***
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: its in georgia. they sue me in superior court of gwinnett county court give them ok to put lien on house.i filled bankruptcy.7th of this month court discharged my case.and now on 12th of this month they send me this letter.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no paper work filed. i ask on attorney he is going to talk to them about payment plan and reducing the amount.he is not sure they will do it or not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

You may want to consider filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. This is different than a chapter 7 and can prevent a foreclosure by giving you a mandatory payment plan. It's mandatory because the HOA has no choice but to accept it. You will have up to five years to pay the HOA arrears. You can file the bankruptcy at any time before the sale.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.