TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I own property that has an easement for the property behind

Customer Question

i own property that has an easement for the property behind me. Can the owner of the property behind me subdivide and put 3 new owners on it and allow them to use the same easement without my permission
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: idaho
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes an application for a minor subdivion
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, the owner of the property behind you can subdivide a lot, put three new owners on it, and allow them to use the same easement without your permission. The key, however, is that the owner cannot do anything to interfere with your right to use the easement. Accordingly, the three new owners would also be prohibited from interfering with your right to use the easement.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.