Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

I have 3 eviction on my record and I need to have them

Customer Question

good morning I have 3 eviction on my record and I need to have them sealed is that possibe to was due to loss of job and one was due to sickness and loss of income
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Jacksonville Florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes it been some time now but ithe has left me basically homeless sleeping on a friend couch for a year now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, there is no provision in FL law to seal eviction records. The records are public records and they are actually even maintained in private landlord databases. There is no FL law that allows the records to be removed unless they are incorrect or false. Unfortunately, you will have to explain the evictions to any prospective landlord up front and let them know why you were evicted and it is up to the landlord as to whether or not to rent to you, they do not have to deny you because of an eviction and that is landlord's personal preference.