Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

A neighbor got a permit to build his driveway on my

Customer Question

A neighbor got a permit to build his driveway on my property. I have the retaining Wall Permit issued to him and a release from the previous owner of my property. The permit says " Must receive recorded record of Easement prior to final" It expired on 5/18/2010. The property line still shows it's my property and I'm paying taxes on his driveway.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California, San Bernardino conty up in the mountains.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Everything is old dated . Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I get the line changed so I don't have to pay property taxes on 2/3rds of his driveway. Can I block h is driveway off?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. We may discuss the issues too. Let me know that sounds good.

Hello. I have not heard back from you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. If your goal is only to change the line of the property, have you looked into selling that part of the property to the neighbor, or spoken with the county to change the property lines? Thank you.