Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Deed In Common. Three parties. Doe and Doe, and, Bob. dies.

Customer Question

Deed In Common. Three parties. John Doe and Jane Doe, ***** ***** and ***** *****, Bob Jones. ***** ***** dies. Does ***** ***** still retain one third ownership of the property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Jim and Mary would each own 1/2 of 1/3 before Jim death. Upon Jim's death, Mary would continue to retain her 1/2 of that 1/3. And, Jim's will would then dictate what would happen to Jim's 1/2 of that 1/3. If Jim did not have a will, then, the Missouri intestate succession laws would dictate who would inherit Jim's 1/2 of that 1/3.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Your question popped back up on my screen. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if I failed to fully answer your initial question. Thank you!