Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

My husband and I have decided to try and live apart. He

Customer Question

My husband and I have decided to try and live apart. He wants to know if he can have access to our home. Can I sent him access?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
As long as their are no court orders in place, if your husband has left the marital home, he still has rights to access the community property. If you want him to not have such a right, you have to go to court to obtain a restraining order or would have to file for legal separation/divorce and would have to get an order of temporary possession of the marital home, which would prevent him from accessing the home.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.