Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I bought my home several weeks ago from Texas and relied on

Customer Question

I bought my home several weeks ago from Texas and relied on the inspection. Inspection failed to detail two dead trees which may fall on the neighbor's home immediately. The neighbor pointed this out to the listing agent, and nothing was done to remedy this. We feel this is fraud for failing to disclose or remedy when problem was clearly evident. Real estate agent is now dodging us- what are our rights?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No- just purchased and we just got here.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 29 days ago.

Good morning. Do you know if the inspector was required to look at these trees, in the scope of the inspection? I ask because as a Florida homeowner who recently purchased a home as well, I am not aware of an requirement on a house inspector to look at trees. Moreover, if there were issues, it would be the obligation of the buyer and seller to address this. Just trying to get a little more information about what was disclosed, when it was disclosed and if you were aware