Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have lived in my home for 21 years where we have a shared

Customer Question

I have lived in my home for 21 years where we have a shared driveway. All of our previous neighbors have been kind enough to allow us full use of it due to my spouse being unable to do a lot of walking. Recently new tenants have moved in and now it is a problem. Does it matter that we own our home, and I believe they're renting? Or is there not anything we can do about it.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is it the owner of the property who is restricting your use now or the tenants?

.

If the tenants, have you spoken with the owner to see if they will talk to the tenant?

.

Was there always an agreement to allow you to use the driveway or did the neighbor just not object?.

.

If you have a shared driveway, how are they restricting your use?

.

.

thanks