Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have lived atin Tribeca, NYC for 16 years. My rent was

Customer Question

I have lived at*****in Tribeca, NYC for 16 years. My rent was $6950, but not increased for 2016, because I had no heat for the month of December. It was very cold. (My landlord screamed that it was not his fault that the boiler was broken). I have a signed New York lease that states that my deposit is $11,600. My landlord now is telling me that this was on oversight and they didn't notice that that the actual deposit was $9,000. (Somehow in 2005 the $11,600 was crossed out and initialed, but never changed on future leases.) I have no record of this. My landlord is also charging a full month rent for the month of Sept although I left on the 19th. The extra amount (approx $2300.) was to give him time for repairs. The repairs, however, were ignored since April 28th (I have pictures on my cell phone.) I feel harassed by a screaming landlord who is manipulative and abrasive. From $11,600. I will receive a deposit of approx. $2200....He has no record of the original check in 2000, and neither do I. Is this legal?
Thank you for your time. Jill Ralston
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. We may discuss the issues too. Let me know that sounds good.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I have not heard back from you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.