Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I need to get either a deed or owner's title insurance

Customer Question

I need to get either a deed or owner's title insurance policy for the house we are buying to turn over to a lawyer who needs the info to put this house into our Trust. Not sure what I am asking for or where to find a deed or title insurance ... can you help?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The deed is on file at your county/city property records office. So you can get a copy of that deed from that office. As far as your title insurance policy, that is something you have to get from the title company that is doing the closing, they should have the copy of the deed as well.