Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a property in Jersey City New jersey. Its market

Customer Question

I have a property in Jersey City New jersey. Its market value is $100,000 while accumulated real estate taxes are $250,000.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The property is in New Jersey State. I wish I could abandon this property. Please let me know what paper to file to where. Thank you. ***** ***@******.***
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No. Nothing ever.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Nothing.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, Yung. Please tell me - does the property have a mortgage, or not? If not, then you own the property free and clear, correct?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.