J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.

What is an sensible amount of time to sign on for a listing

Customer Question

what is an sensible amount of time to sign on for a listing agreement? 3,6,12 months? Whats typical?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: downtown,south Philadelphia,PA. My daughters house
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: In the process but no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: These are really not legal questions. And how much will this advice cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

In general, a typical listing is 6 months. Agents would like the longest possible but 1 year is too long in my opinion. If a seller can get 3 months that is fine. This gives the agent and incentive to be very efficient with getting the house on the market and getting foot traffic in the home. 6 months however, is the typical listing period.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.

Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or rated positively. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons). I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!