Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues

I am trying to figure out what mortgage loan modification

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out what mortgage loan modification (or forbearance) programs I might qualify for. I submitted an information request to my mortgage company - PNC Bank - last year and they indicated that my loan is owned by 'Federal Home Loan Bank Pittsburgh'. In talks with PNC's attorney (I also am currently in Chapter 13 bankruptcy), she indicated that the bank I just named is part of Freddie Mac. However, when I go to Freddie Mac's loan lookup tool ( ) and enter my loan information I get an error message stating that my loan cannot be found. I know I can get a modification package from PNC but I'd like to know what specific program guidelines my loan falls under.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
attached - correspondence from PNC
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 month ago.

Hello there --

Your best bet to find the information that you need is to go to the website for struggling homeowners who can review the requirements for loan modifications and forbearance and there are actually calculators on these pages to show you how much your mortgage will be in relationship to you income once they have all of your information plugged into the website by you. You can also get the application packet for a loan modification from this lender online and simply print it and use it to complete and send to youur lender. Here is the link to the Making Home Affordable website --

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section -- pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star are all positive ratings. I am paid nothing by Just Answer for my time assisting you unless you press a positive rating above. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you today.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!