Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

We own 2 parcels of land (5 acres and 3.5 acres) adjacent to

Customer Question

We own 2 parcels of land (5 acres and 3.5 acres) adjacent to each other. there is an issue with 3 easements on one piece of property.
1. on the west end of a 5 acre residential parcel, a driveway has been in use for 23 years since 1993 and the landowner (A) that owns the land that we drive over is threatening to sell their property without the right of access. We use this driveway for trucks and construction equipment. The driveway was started because of a bridge being expanded on a major road and blocking our existing driveway to a major road. Should we do anything to obtain this easement in writing.
2. The landowner (A) owned two pieces of property on both sides, the north side and the south side of my property (B). The only way to get to the 3.5 acres was across my property. He decided to sell me the property of 3.5 acres in 1989, which was to the south of our property. Before we bought our property this landowner (A), had received a 50ft easement on the east end of the residential property from the previous owners of my property. The 3.5 acres was supposed to be reachable by the 50ft easement, but we never got that easement from the neighbor in writing. He has died (2003) and now it is in his families name trust and they are threatening to sell without the easement. Do we have to get this easement before he sells.
3. There is a 10ft easement in the middle of my property for a drainage pipe to go into a creek. Now that we own the 3.5 acres there is no easement on that piece. In investigating this we have discovered that the drainage pipe is not in the 10ft easement. Will our neighbor have to rectify this drainage in order to sell?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. We may discuss the issues too. Let me know that sounds good.

Hello Fred: I have not heard back from you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.